MPT Can Improve Your Bladder Health
Bladder conditions such as incontinence, overactive bladder, urinary tract infections (UTIs), and frequent nighttime urination are common and impact your quality of life. MPT prioritizes total body health; this includes treatment for bladder conditions and other pelvic floor dysfunctions. A healthy pelvic floor is important for bladder and bowel control, sexual health and function, confidence, and managing back and hip pain. Don’t forget that everyone has pelvic floor muscles, so pelvic floor treatment can help all genders.
At MPT, we focus on a customized approach to provide each patient with the appropriate treatments to improve their symptoms and help them achieve their goals. Treatments may include:
- Manual therapy: hands-on techniques that may include myofascial release, trigger point release, craniosacral therapy, joint mobilization, and visceral manipulation to improve mobility, promote relaxation, and ease pain.
- Therapeutic Exercise targeting the legs, trunk, and pelvic muscles to relax tight, painful areas and strengthen weak areas.
- Education on self-management and modifications to lifestyle to decrease symptoms.
- Body mechanics and postural education to optimize position with daily movements.
- These treatments are effective in decreasing pain and other symptoms to get you back to doing what you love.
To learn more about MPT’s Pelvic Health Program, click below.
Contact us below to schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our therapists. The therapist will provide an individualized assessment to develop a customized treatment plan to help you attain your goals. We offer in-person visits at our clinics in Riverdale and the Upper West Side, concierge in-home sessions, and virtual visits over telehealth to cater to all of your needs.
We look forward to helping you achieve your wellness goals.
TeaMPT: Rachel, Julie, Christine, Yoshi, Liz, Karen, Mo, Heidi, Kasandra, and Toni