Physical Therapy can decrease pain and
improve function in people with arthritis.
Osteoarthritis is a common source of joint pain, especially as we grow older. Physical Therapy has proven to be beneficial in addressing pain, stiffness, and weakness around the affected joint making it easier to get back to the activities you love.
The therapists at MPT use many interventions to get you moving and feeling better including:
- Gentle hands-on manual techniques and stretches to improve the range of motion in your joints. This can make it easier to get up and down from a chair, get in and out of your car, and reach into cupboards.
- Individualized exercise programs to perform in the clinic and at home to improve the strength in the muscles around the affected joint.
- Education on proper body mechanics and joint positioning to make it easier to do your daily activities.
- Custom balance activities to decrease the risk of falls and make you feel more confident.
- Instruction in the proper use of an assistive device such as a cane or walking sticks if appropriate.
Contact us below to schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our therapists. The therapist will provide an individualized assessment to develop a customized treatment plan to help you attain your goals. We offer in-person visits at our clinic in Riverdale, Concierge in-home sessions, and virtual visits over telehealth to cater to all of your needs.
We look forward to helping you achieve your wellness goals.
TeaMPT: Rachel, Julie, Christine, Yoshi, Liz, Heidi, Kasandra, Michael, and Toni