MPT shares five tips to improve your sleep
Sleep is an essential part of our lives and is an important part of rehabbing from an injury or surgery. During sleep, our bodies go through a restorative process that is vital for healing. Developing healthy sleep habits is an important step in setting yourself up for a good night’s sleep. Below we share some simple tips to improve your sleep.
- Stick to a schedule: Aim to wake up and go to bed around the same time everyday – yes, even over the weekend!
- Make yourself comfortable: Choose a comfortable room temperature, install black-out shades to windows, and consider using a fan or other white noise to avoid disrupted sleep.
- Put down the phone: Avoid using your phone, tablet, computer, or watching TV at least 30 minutes before bedtime. The light emitted from these devices can disrupt sleep hormones. Try reading a book instead.
- Limit caffeine: Avoid caffeine products at least six hours before hitting the hay for better quality sleep.
- Have a regular exercise routine (just make sure it’s not too close to bedtime): Keeping your mind and body active during the day can help you fall asleep more easily at night.
To learn more about MPT or to schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our therapists, contact us below. We offer in-person visits at our clinic in Riverdale, Concierge in-home sessions, and virtual visits over telehealth to cater to all of your needs.
We look forward to helping you achieve your wellness goals.
TeaMPT: Rachel, Julie, Christine, Yoshi, Liz, Heidi, Kasandra, Michael, and Toni